Thursday, August 5, 2010

I would like to hear your thoughts

The first item that I would like to hear from you about is turning off the heaters on the hot tubs in the summer months,I have taken calls from some owners who have suggested in order to save some money that we take a survey of owners to see how many people use the hot tubs in the months of June, July and August .Please post a comment on this site or feel free to call me with your thoughts.

The second item that I would like to hear from you about is trying to bring our community together by possibly having a monthly get together at the office where people could gather , socialize and meet new people and perhaps bring a dish to pass. I am looking for volunteers who would be willing to organize this and other types of social events. Since we do not have a clubhouse I would think there would be a good amount of interest from our owners. Again please post a comment on this site or feel free to call me with your thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. Bob--
    Re: Hot tubs...we are not there in the summer, so not certain we can offer a legitimate response.
    Re: A get together at the office on occasion sounds like a good idea.....but the room is pretty small for "a dish to pass" with utensils, then clean up etc. I'd suggest a get together, but limited to coffee/tea maybe a cold drink and doughnuts, cookies etc. Could be a nice meet and greet get together.
    Dick Picolla
    Not knowing which profile to select I chose "anonymous" but since I signed my note I don't care to be anonymous....Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in favor of closing the hot tubs in June, July and August.
    G. Espino, 151

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom & Trish Brady

    We are not full time residents and are not there in the summer, so turning off the hot tub would not bother us and sounds like a good idea. But I have a few questions!! Would starting and stopping the hot tub system cause problems? How much money would turning off the heat save ? Would the tubs have to be emptied? Can the saving be calculated? I am sure it would bother full time residents. Just some questions to think about.

    I would be happy to help with some social gatherings when I am in Florida during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck/Esther Van DuzeeAugust 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM

    We live her year round and use the hot tub almost every day. We moved here because of these amenities. There are plenty of places with pools (& hot tubs) that are not maintained or heated. Please realize that it is one of the things that separates us from other condo areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael NiewodowskiAugust 6, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    I live here year round and use the hot tub at least once a week. Perhaps you could install a dial setting for the heaters (like the ones for the bubbles) to be used only during the summer instead of constant heating. I think that most summer residents would accept the slight inconvenience of waiting 5-10 minutes for a heated hot tub to save some money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a year round resident agree with Chuck/Esther Van Duzee and Michael Niewodowski...I use the hot tub almost daily, and it was definitely one of the factors that impacted me purchasing in this community. I could live with a timer like Michael indicated, but not with having them off altogether. Thank you, Heather Whitamore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People bought here to use the hottubs and poolS. Winter, Summer, Spring, and fall

    If you wanted to shut off the heaters you need to change the documents and have a vote.

    I expect to see this posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you do not want people opions...do not ask for them
    If you want to save money, hire a mangement company.....the Mangement Company will save you money.
    You can have a lot of problems if you close down the hot tubs. Ask your attorney.

    ReplyDelete